Monday, January 19, 2009

Hope

Hope. It is something that I hold onto in the event that the loved one that has just passed away did not die in their sin. Hope is the emotion I hold in seeing them one day and that they did not die for an eternal death before them.

Why am I on this subject today? My Uncle passed away on Wednesday pass. He had diabeties. The kind you get as a child. He was diagnoised at teh age of 9, and wbout 22 years ago he had his first stroke. Then two years later he had anopther one so severe that it took away from him his vocabulary. His wife took their daughter and left him. This resulted in his daughter not being in any contact with her fatehr nor the rest of the family.

When my Uncle died we knew he wanted to be cremated. Well Illinois law states that if a person does not have it in writting then they can not be cremated without the signature of the next of kin. So for the past few days I ahve been trying to find his daughter. I even went so far as to get the police involved. They could not find her either. His obit has run in the paper since Thrusday hopeing that someone will read it and let her know or betetr yet she will read about it.

So as it stands if this woman does not contact the funeral home by this evening then my Mother and another Uncle will both have to sign the papers. So after about a week maybe my uncle will have his wish carried out. He didn't want a service of any kind either so that keeps a lot of the family from having to drive in the awful weather to say good by.

I talked to him just the other day. He was so fun to talk to even though he couldn't say exactly what he wanted to becasue it just wouldn't come out. So I have hope that when he knew he was dying...a heart attack... he turned to the Lord and asked for salvation. That is my HOPE.

No comments:

Post a Comment